Chris Sturgis and Susan Patrick
As our understanding of competency-based education has grown, so has our understanding of critical issues that must be addressed in order to ensure high quality implementation and equitable access and outcomes. To chart the course for the next wave of innovation, implementation, and expansion in competency education, CompetencyWorks will convene the second National Summit on K-12 Competency-Based Education. In advance of the Summit, they have released new draft reports exploring key issues challenging the field of competency education:
- An Introduction to the National Summit on K-12 Competency-Based Education
- In Pursuit of Equality: A Framework for Equity Strategies in Personalized, Competency-Based Education
- In Search of Efficacy: Defining the Elements of Quality in a Competency-Based Education System
- Meeting Students Where They Are
- Fit for Purpose: Taking the Long View on Systems Change and Policy to Support Competency Education
The issues of equity, quality, policy for the long-term, and meeting students where they are, are all important to expanding the field of competency education.